The Dodge Center Fire Department expects a very high level of professional conduct from all members. Each member shall familiarize themself with and abide by all fire department rules, regulations, and standard operating guidelines (SOGs) of the Dodge Center Fire Department.
To minimize loss of life and property for the City of Dodge Center and rural area from fires, natural disasters, life threatening situations, and to assist other emergency agencies; to perform these services in an efficient manner by maintaining effective fire prevention, emergency response, fire suppression and training.
The Dodge Center Fire Department was founded in 1902. The department obtained its first motorized fire truck in 1931. This truck was a 1931 Chevy with a 350-gallon-per-minute pump and a 200-gallon tank. This truck remains in the Dodge Center fire station and is used for parades. In 1954 a used Dodge truck was acquired as the first water tanker. This truck carried 1000 gallons of water. In 2003 the fire station was relocated to its current location at 130 East Highway Street.